Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Youngest CA, CS, CWA’ in India by The Limca Book of National




Youngest CA, CS, CWA’ in India by The Limca Book of National
> Records in 2007.
> To:
>
>
> Youngest CA, CS, CWA’ in India by The Limca Book of National Records in
> 2007.
>
> *
>
> Anand Wadadekar
>
> *
>
> *A meritorious student throughout, Pune’s Amar Kakaria has been named the
> ‘Youngest CA, CS, CWA’ in India by The Limca Book of National Records in
> 2007.*
>
> *Anand Wadadekar has a chat with this genius*
>
>    - All India 5th Merit Rank in the CWA Final Examination (June 2002)
>    - All India 3rd Merit Rank in the CWA Intermediate Examination (June
>    2001)
>    - All India 2nd Merit Rank in the CS Final Examination (June 2001)
>    - All India 16th Merit Rank in the CS Intermediate Examination (June
>    2000)
>    - Highest score in Advanced Accountancy in S.Y. B.Com in Pune University.
>    (100 %).
>    - All India 32nd Merit Rank in the CA Foundation Examination (May 1997)
>    - Merit certificate & award under National Scholarship Scheme for
>    meritorious performance in H.S.C. & S.S.C.
>    - Consolation Prize in Maharashtra Talent Search Examination.
>    - 3rd Merit Rank in Maharashtra State Government High School Scholarship
>    examination.
>
>
> *How does finding a place in the ‘Limca Book of National Records’ make you
> feel?*
>
> I am very happy that it has provided me with an opportunity to meet the
> expectations of my parents and make their dream come true.
>
> *Any specific reason you chose to study commerce over engineering, science,
> etc?*
>
> I always had a preference for commerce, particularly in the capital markets
> since I was a child. I used to regularly go through investment journals like
> Dalal Street/ The Economic Times, even during my school days. Needless to
> say, this liking resulted in having a preference for commerce over other
> streams.
>
> *How did you make the decision to do all three professional courses?*
>
> I had not thought of doing all three courses initially. Like any other CA
> student, I was planning to complete my CA and then start my own practice.
> However, on completion of CA Intermediate and graduation in the same
> academic year, I thought it would be a good idea to do a Company
> Secretaryship course along with CA final so I could acquire advanced
> knowledge of corporate laws and secretarial practice. Fortunately, in 2000,
> at the age of 21, I completed my CA final and CS intermediate courses
> simultaneously. Since, age was still on my side, I decided to try for ICWA
> course along with the CS final in order to join the coveted ‘Triple Crown’
> club. Indiacom Limited, my then employer, assured me that study leave would
> be granted for the CS/ CWA exams.
>
> *How did you manage your time? Did you have any study techniques?*
>
> I had taken three months study leave for the CA final exams and three weeks
> each for the CS final and CWA final exams. I had relied on study modules/
> suggested answers given by all three institutes for most of the subjects and
> used Bare Acts for Taxation/ Corporate Laws. I studied one subject at a time
> in reverse order, so that I finished studying the first paper at the end. It
> helped my memory during the first few papers, which in turn boosted my
> confidence for the remaining papers. Further, I had also made effective use
> of the publication, ‘Scanner’, which helped me understand weightage given to
> each of the topics and decide my strategy accordingly. However, I had
> studied all the topics in their entirety without leaving anything to chance.
>
> *What are your suggestions for students who face failures in these
> examinations?*
>
> Failure is very difficult to digest for every human being. I have tasted
> failure twice, while completing my B.Com, due to some technical/ clerical
> errors on the part of Pune University, which were corrected by them
> subsequently. I was fortunate to have the support of family, teachers and
> friends at those moments. I would advise students to do a SWOT analysis on
> their own and identify weak areas so that they can work on them to improve
> their scores. One must have a positive attitude and should never give up.
> However, in the event of recurring failures, students should approach a
> career counsellor / teacher to get appropriate guidance for deciding their
> future action plan.
>
> *How can students update their knowledge base besides the course modules?*
>
> All three institutes publish monthly journals/ newsletters for the benefit
> of the students, which provide an array of useful information on
> professional topics, latest amendments, recent case-laws, etc. Further, the
> students can also join knowledge sharing forums, yahoo groups, etc to get
> solutions to their queries and remain updated.
>
> *Being qualified in all the three professions, how do you intend to help
> your juniors / students if any? Are doing any activity for the same?*
>
> I used to be an 'ICSI Career Counsellor' in 2006 wherein my focus was to
> increase awareness about Company Secretary Course amongst the students in
> Mira - Bhayander region. I am / was co-opted member on few committees like
> Research & Publications, Placement, CPE, etc of WIRC of ICAI / ICSI which
> helps me to interact more closely with budding members / students. Besides
> this, I am also active member of few knowledge sharing portals like
> CAclubindia, Feeleminds, etc. wherein I get an opportunity to deal with
> fellow professionals / students from various parts of country and address
> their queries, if any.
>
> *Do you really feel that a person qualified as CA / CS / CWA, needs to learn
> management by pursuing Management courses? Will this add value to his
> career?*
>
> Though I have not undergone any formal management studies, I had got the
> privilege of working with some of the best management graduates during my
> employment with L&T and TATA Group. Based on my personal experience I can
> tell that, though, everyone has his own niche space in the corporate world,
> management degree can help you to be more versatile in the initial phase of
> your career.
>
> According to me, formal management education can help finance professionals
> to improve their analytical and problem solving skills, besides making him a
> good leader. Needless to mention, always higher value is attached to leaders
> than any other team member.
>
> *Nowadays we observe in many recruitment advertisements, that for a finance
> position, employers mention CA or MBA Finance as educational eligibility. Do
> you really feel that MBA Finance even from a top Institute is equivalent to
> a CA / CPA?*
>
> Up to a decade back, CAs were sought after for doing complex activities like
> taxation, auditing, accounts, compliance, etc which basically requires
> in-depth legal / process knowledge, while, MBAs were required for doing
> relatively dynamic functions like corporate finance, treasury operations,
> M&A, investor relations, etc wherein instant decision is a must. However,
> due to technological advancement, job profile has not remained static
> nowadays, and qualification in relevant only at the time of entry in the
> organisation. Afterwards, your performance is the utmost important factor to
> build your career.
>
> Quite a few large organisations have been frequently rotating MBAs and CAs
> across various functions in Finance & Accounts departments to groom them as
> future business leader who can take more responsibility. Same trend is going
> to continue in future and would be followed by remaining corporates as well.
> Hence, you may consistently find more number of advertisements for CA or MBA
> Finance in the days to come.
>
> *What according to you, is that one thing, apart from academics is required
> in a person to be successful in his career?*
>
> The person must have a positive mindset to get success in all parts of life
> including career.
>
> *What is your message for aspirants of CA, CS, CWA?*
>
> India is currently going through a strong phase and is expected to witness
> sustained growth over the next 25 years. Obviously, there’s always going to
> be an increasing demand for qualified CA/ CS/ CWA professionals. The only
> thing you need to have is a focused approach with an urge to excel. Go ahead
> with full confidence, and success will definitely be yours.
>
> *To whom you give credit to your success? *
>
> Desire to Excel…
>
> Faith of Parents…
>
> Support of Family…
>
> Guidance of Teachers…
>
> Co-operation of Friends…
>



2 comments: